So, when we saw those two extremely dark bananas languishing in the fruit basket there was only one thing to do - make Banana Bread.
A long time ago we stumbled on this delicious recipe, and therefore we don't even know where credit is due. But whoever you are, thanks!
This particular banana bread is dense, not soft and crumbly like a typical quick bread. It tastes like bananas, and isn't overly sweet. You can add pecans, or walnuts if you like. Chocolate chips would be great too.
|Greek Yogurt Banana Bread © Rhiann Wynn-Nolet|
1/4 C butter (half stick)
2/3 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
2 mashed bananas
2 C flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1. Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy
2. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla
3. Add yogurt and mashed bananas
4. Combine dry ingredients and add in batches (this controls flour "puff")
5. Grease bottom only of loaf pan
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes (toothpick test)
7. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing