We turned to Pinterest (source of pretty AND yummy things) and found just what we needed. We added onions, because onions are tasty, especially when they're soft and plumped up with smoky-sweet bbq flavor.
Quince Cottage is a big fan of leftovers, and there are plenty of ways to recycle this dish (tacos, on a toasted open face bagel with cheddar cheese on top, mixed up with some beans and corn served over rice, etc.)
Night 1 we had it with cole slaw and a baguette.
|Crockpot BBQ Chicken © Rhiann Wynn-Nolet|
|Crockpot BBQ Chicken & Fries|
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 C honey barbeque sauce
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C zesty Italian dressing
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
1. Place the sliced onion in the bottom of the crockpot and put the chicken breasts on top
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together
3. Pour over chicken to coat
4. Cook on high about 4 hours
5. Remove breasts and use two forks to shred the meat. If there is too much sauce for your liking, remove some and set aside. Put meat back in crockpot with remaining sauce and turn to Keep Warm until ready to serve.
SWEET POTATO FRIES
1. Peel and cut to size
2. Toss in bag with small amount of oil to coat
3. Spread on baking sheet and season as you wish (salt, pepper definitely and then add chili powder, garam masala, cumin or whatever you like)
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-13 minutes, flip, bake for 10-13 minutes
Dipping Sauce: mayo with ketchup or sriracha, add a bit of honey if you want