We're not like those bloggers who tease, and tease, and then tease some more before finally showing you a mouth-watering photo. Nope, here you go...
|© Rhiann Wynn-Nolet|
So, now that you've enjoyed some eye-candy, you'll want the recipe. Of course. Credit for this recipe goes to Rasamalaysia(dot)com.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CREAM CHEESE BARS RECIPE
For the crust -
1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
5 TBS unsalted butter, melted
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough -
5 TBS unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 C packed light brown sugar
3 TBS white granulated shugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract (1 tsp and 1 tsp)
3/4 C all purpose flour
1 C chocolate chips
For the Cheesecake Filling -
10 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 C sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8x8" baking pan with foil, allowing a little overhang, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture int the bottom of the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove to cooling rack. (Leave oven on).
3. Prepare the cookie dough. Beat butter, brown sugar, white sugar, salt and 1 tsp vanilla until smooth and thoroughly combined. Mix in flour until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. In separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and 1 tsp vanilla until just incorporated. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Use your hand to flatten the batter and cover the crust.
5. Distribute cookie dough onto the top of the batter. Use all the dough (you will cover most of the batter).
6. Bake about 30 minutes - until the top feels dry and firm and the entire pan looks set if given a shake. Move to cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
7. Lift the bars out using the overhang, slice to desired size and store in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Why yes, they ARE just as yummy as they look! Here's one last macro shot to entice you...
Thank you for stopping by Quince Cottage! Take a look at some of our other favorite Recipes, our decorating/DIY projects, and if you feel so inclined, tell us a little about yourself.
We're wrapping up a pretty big DIY job right now, which of course led to another one. Isn't that always the way? Our take on shiplap - coming soon!