|Chili Paste © Rhiann Wynn-Nolet|
|Korean Beef with Rice © Rhiann Wynn-Nolet|
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp sesame oil
1-2 tsp minced garlic
1 TBS minced ginger
1/4 C brown sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp chili paste
1/3 C soy sauce
1 C frozen peas
scallions (for garnish)
1. Saute the beef in the oil until browned and crumbly. Drain excess liquid.
2. Add garlic and ginger and stir over heat for 2 minutes or so. Smells SO good!
3. Whisk sugar, cornstarch, chili paste and soy sauce in a small bowl until blended. Add to beef and simmer until sauce has thickened (3 minutes, give or take).
4. Add peas and stir until peas are heated.
5. Serve over cooked rice (we used brown because it's healthier). Garnish with chopped scallions.