Let me say that again.
Yes, I enjoy cooking, but NOT ALL THE TIME. We ate this for Christmas dinner. Children can help with prep too. One of mine did. The other yelled from upstairs, "When is it going to be ready?" about every five minutes...
BAKED ZITI - tomato-y, creamy, cheesy, fill-yer-belly yumminess. Are you drooling yet?
|Baked Ziti © Rhiann Wynn-Nolet|
1 lb. box ziti (or rotini or penne or...)
15 oz. ricotta cheese (use the part skim if you're feeling virtuous)
24 oz. jar pasta sauce (I like the kind with Parm and Romano because, CHEESE)
8 oz. mozzarella, shredded
grated Romano/Parmesan to taste
Now, you COULD add fresh basil, sauteed mushrooms, chopped spinach, ground beef, crumbled sausage, textured veggie protein, or some unique combo to make this dish totally your own.
1. Cook the pasta according to directions (choose the shorter cooking time, since this gets baked).
2. Drain the pasta and return to its pot. Then stir in at least 2/3 of the ricotta, or all if you like.
3. Stir in about 3/4 of the sauce.
4. Stir in about 3/4 of the mozzarella and about 4 TBS of grated Parm-Rom (more or less according to preference).
5. Spray the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and dump the pasta in.
6. Pour on the remaining sauce, spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. Add more Parm-Rom if desired. Do eeet.
8. Cover with foil.
*Tip: spray the underside of the foil with cooking spray so your cheese doesn't stick to it.
9. Bake 15 min. at 350 degrees. Remove foil and bake 10 min. more or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown and you simply must yank it out of the oven and DEVOUR it.
Quince Cottage believes a bland subdivision house can be transformed into a beautiful home that reflects the unique taste and personality of its owner. In our own place, rustic, opulent, and exotic rub shoulders. Think gilded mirror, an embroidered velvet robe from Uzbekistan, and a weathered plank wall. Stick around, and we'll not only show you what we mean, we'll also give you tips on creating your own special style.
We prefer our opulent a little beat up and our recipes